We all have been blessed with unique God-given talents and skills that can be used in crafting for Jesus and serving others. For those of us who enjoy crafting, there are amazing opportunities to use our skills and passions to bless others. Whether you are a knitter, crocheter, painter, or any other type of crafter, you can use your creativity to bring joy to others!
And that’s what I do here at BeyondTshirts.net – I go beyond designing t-shirts and do a bit of crafting for Jesus myself! I will say that most of my crafts require a computer, printer, and my Cricut. I used to do a lot of knitting, but I’ve gotten more into paper crafts and other things since my grandson amd his wife bought us a Cricut machine.
I’ve also learned a bit more about creating low-content books and I’ve been designing prayer journals and other faith-based books to sell on Amazon KDP.
Low and Medium Content Paperback Books
One great way to use your crafting skills to serve others is to create low-content books. These books are often used in hospitals, nursing homes, and other places to help bring joy and comfort to those who need them most. You can spend time creating intricate pages or simpler ones, depending on your skill level. Best of all, you can give these books away or donate them to places that need them.
You can also create these low-content books and sell them on Amazon KDP for a little extra income. This is a great way to make sure you have the funds to buy the supplies you need to keep crafting for Jesus or to throw a little extra in the offering plate or box at church.
If you have a particular craft that you can make a lot of items in a short amount of time, you can start an Etsy shop and sell your crafts, again to generate a bit of side income.
Crafting for Jesus – Knit or Crochet Handmade Items
Another way to use your crafting skills to serve others is to create handmade items to donate. If you’re a knitter or crocheter, for example, you can make hats, scarves, blankets, and other items that can be donated to charity. We have a crafting group at our church called “MCC stitches.” We make infant hats and blankets to donate to local hospitals for newborns. We make prayer blankets to bless others in our church who may be going through a rough time.
At Easter, we create crocheted crosses to hand out on Easter Sunday. Those of us who don’t crochet? We make paper crosses to color in and laminate to give away.
Paper Crafting for Jesus
Whatever crafting skills you have, you can use them to serve others and bring joy to those around you. For example, if you love to do paper crafting, you can make cards to send to friends and family, or you can make cards to donate to hospitals and nursing homes. Or, if you’re a woodworker, you can make items to donate to shelters or schools.
Our church’s Women’s Ministry has a subgroup for sending cards to church family and friends in need. I make homemade cards using my Cricut and donate them to the ministry. People love receiving handcrafted cards. They know you put time, thought, and love into crafting each card.
Using our God-given talents to serve others is something we should all strive for. So if you’re a crafter of any kind, don’t hesitate to put your skills and passions to use and give back!
Here are some examples and ideas for crafting for Jesus:
- Cross-stitch Bible verse samplers
- Decorate a Bible with glitter, sequins, and fabric
- Paint inspirational Christian themes onto canvases
- Create jewelry featuring scripture quotes
- Create Christian-themed tote bags
- Sew quilts with Bible verses and Christian symbols
- Design and make t-shirts with Christian themes
- Carve wooden crosses and figures
- Design and make Christian-themed greeting cards
- Paint religious-themed mugs
- Crochet or knit scarves with Christian symbols
- Construct Christian-themed wooden signs
- Create a series of Christian-themed coloring books
- Create journals to sell on Amazon KDP
- Design and sew Christian-themed pillowcases
- Create Christian-themed magnets
- Create Christian-themed wall art
- Make Christian-themed soap and candles
- Design and make Christian-themed jewelry boxes
- Sew Christian-themed aprons
If you own or have access to a Cricut, Silhouette, or other personal die-cutting machine, here are some ideas for putting that to use in your crafting:
- Create wall art with Bible verses.
- Cut out Christian-themed shapes and use them to decorate cards or scrapbooks.
- Cut out Christian symbols to use as appliques on clothing or other fabric crafts.
- Cut out Bible verses to use as stencils for woodworking projects.
- Create custom Bible covers or journal covers with your favorite verses.
- Cut out Christian-themed shapes to use as party decorations.
- Design and cut out Scripture-inspired posters.
- Cut out shapes to use as stencils for painting on canvas.
- Cut out Christian-themed iron-on patches or stickers.
- Cut out shapes to use as ornaments or decorations.
Do You Love to Bake? How About Some Edible Food Crafts!
Edible food crafts are a great way to get creative in the kitchen and enjoy a delicious treat. From cakes and cupcakes to candy and cookies, there are endless possibilities for edible food crafts. You can decorate cakes and cupcakes with frosting, sprinkles, and other decorations.
Cookies can be decorated with icing and cookie cutters. Candy crafts can include lollipops, chocolate-covered pretzels, and other treats. With a little creativity, you can make edible food crafts that look great and taste even better.
You can add any of these foods into a decorative mason jar and gift them to others. A couple of times a year our church’s Women’s Ministry holds events where we bring in our homemade cookies and trade them. We also hold several events every year where donations of cookies, cakes, and other treats are greatly appreciated!
Crafting Isn’t Just for Women!
My husband designs, creates, and sells custom lighting crafts made with mason jars, wood, and metal. He also helps me a lot with my crafting ideas, especially if it involves cutting, sawing, burning, or using our heat press. Men even knit and crochet, too!
Crafting for Jesus Warms the Hearts of Others
Using your God-given talents to share with and serve others is always a noble cause. Whether you’re crafting low-content books or any other type of craft, you can use your skills and passions to bless others. So don’t hesitate to put your talents to use and give back!